What kinds of things do people seek counseling for?

Individuals and couples seek counseling for a variety of reasons including feeling unhappy, unfulfilled, worried, stuck in life, sad, or angry.  My clients also seek out counseling to help with exhibited behaviors that are troubling them including addictive behaviors that affect their relationships at home or at work.


Other clients seek counseling because they have a life goal that has been eluding them and they are ready to explore their barriers.  While others seek out counseling because they know they are going through a difficult time or facing a difficult decision and they desire a place to sort through their feelings and move forward in their life with intention and clear thinking.

Do you work with couples and families?

Yes, my practice includes work with individuals, couples, and families.

Countless men and women have found their way back to the life they wanted since 1993. The people whom I serve want and need guidance from a compassionate and competent ear on their road to healing.

What about confidentiality?

Probably the most important thing that clients expect, in addition to being treated with respect and concern, is that what they say will be held in confidence. I know that confidentiality is an essential part of what helps counseling work and so I strongly protect your confidentiality.

Because confidentiality is so important I encourage those who have questions about it to talk with me directly with at the beginning of our first visit so they can know if the legal limits of confidentiality will effect them.

I respect and protect the need for confidentiality by clients who seek help from me.

My judge/attorney recommended I contact you about my co-parenting issues. What's next?

For The Kids, LLC (FTK) is a high-impact Parenting Class & Training for co-parents or guardians involved in challenging, high-conflict co-parenting arrangements. While our workshop is located near South Denver at our Greenwood Village location, we have co-parents that come from many other surrounding cities because of the results of this specific program.

Specifically, FTK is designed to significantly:
  • Reduce the level of ongoing parental conflict.
  • Reduce the impact of ongoing parental conflict on children.
  • Reduce the level of contempt toward your co-parent.
  • Increase the ability to deal effectively with your co-parent.

These objectives are reached through placing co-parents in separate 2-hour (approximate) trainings for 10 weeks.  The curriculum and delivery format is designed to provide parents with tools for effectively navigating the complexities co-parents encounter in effectively co-parenting their children.


QUESTIONS? CALL (303) 868-7246


We are thinking about divorce? Is it too late?

It is definitely the best time to have a conversation before you both make any final decisions. It may be worth a quick phone call and/or in-office consultation to determine if my recommendation is to initially meet together or separate.


Please call directly at (303) 868-7246. All phone calls are confidential.


Two couples in the last 6 weeks called off their divorce. Together we can determine what’s best for you.



Where are your counseling offices located?

I currently have two convenient locations for my clients.


Littleton Office Location: 

2516 W Main Street,

Littleton, CO 80120


Greenwood Village Office Location (South Denver): 

6021 S. Syracuse Way,

Greenwood Village, CO 80111

How can I send you a Speaking Engagement request?

It’s requested to send all speaking engagement requests here: [email protected]


Please include: 

  • date
  • organization
  • # of expected attendees
  • more about the event details
  • preferred topic of interest
  • contact information for event coordinator


All requested will be considered and evaluated.

Didn’t find the answer?

There are two great ways to contact me, Dr. Bruce Rumsey for your free in-office consultation:

  1. Call (303) 868.7246. Your call will typically be returned within a few hours.
  2. Complete the form below.

Send question